Thursday, January 31, 2008

update....

so i attended my first knitting club meeting last night.... here's a visual reinactment of the first 20 minutes....
i walk in to borders about 10 minutes late - about twenty ladies have pushed several tables together and there is NO room to join them, so i sit in a comfy chair with my back to them - thinking in my head - oh my god i'm so embarrassed!
so, naturally, i text shane:

me: "oh my word there are a million ladies here and they're all at one huge table with no more chairs. what should i do? i am at least twenty years younger than any of them!"
and shane replies oh so comfortingly "OH MY GOD. did they already see you?" (gee thanks honey!)

me: "well i don't know they're all talking and knitting. i should have gotten here at 6.30 on the dot!"

shane: "can you grab a chair from somewhere else?"
me: "well...i'm in a chair right next to them with my back to them. i'm afraid to say anything"

shane (again so helpful): "oh...i don't know? just say hi or something"

shane two minutes later: "just do it!"

me: "i'm such a chicken!"

then thankfully two more women ( Barbara and Nina ) came in late! i asked to join them and they were super nice! i found out that Nina takes dog agility lessons from denise who also taught my dad and rob! so i knitted with them for quite a while then when they left the main table asked me to join them...wow i felt so cool hahahahahaha! they were all really nice and quite impressed that i had designed my own purse pattern with cables and all! it was actually really fun but a little awkward at first - aren't most good things that way though?

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Elisa-

I just want you to know that I TRULY enjoy reading your blogs. You are very witty and can always put a smile on my face!

Blessings!
Crystal