Wednesday, March 5, 2008

you're haunting me

dearest starbucks,

i realized yesterday after i wrote to you about my unfaithfulness that your presence will always haunt me. yesterday while at the grocery, i saw your face no less than four times. my first reminder of our old life together was immediately upon entering the store. there you were, hiding in the corner tucked away next to the specialty cheese cooler, your gentle fragrance slowly swirling around beckoning me to come to you and enjoy your warm flavor. but i held strong, those times are over between us - we can meet occasionally, but you will not bully me or manipulate me back into a serious relationship with you.

i then passed a cooler of drinks and saw your face again. a bottled frappucino - which i don't like - but i was almost tempted. then, down the coffee aisle. shelves upon shelves of your wonderfully roasted beans calling out to me. my will power held as you tried desperately to lure me back. but then, i went down the snack aisle...a seemingly safe zone from temptations from you. i glanced to the left and there on the top shelf, in beautifully simple and alluring packaging, you were. you were disguised as a mocha dark chocolate bar - i had never seen that side of you before and a glimmer of our old life and a hope for a new future between us was sparked. your scheming ways worked. i bought you and delighted in your perfectly smooth creamy chocolate with just the right hint of coffee and bits of bean. i suppose our relationship can continue a little longer in this new way. but i am warning you that i'm on to you - i know this could be some kind of trap and i am ready to run if i have to. i want to trust you, i do.

your apprehensively,
elisa.

p.s. i truly think it was a sign that i looked left last night as it was your first day of being chocolate too. http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/pressdesc.asp?id=838

No comments: