Wednesday, October 17, 2007

buzzing florescent lights


three days a week i drag myself and my sleepy baby to a windowless office in a sadly outdated office building. i hate it. i get that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach every time i walk through the doors. my feet feel like they weigh 80lbs each as i walk up the 25 stairs to the second floor and down the dark and narrow hallway to my office.
…though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death…
i feel like it’s the first day back to school at the end of an endless summer...my freedom is crushed and with it my creativity. i long for something to catch those precious drops of imagination as they drip out of me unused and wasted. the buzzing florescent lights start to sap the energy to find a basin to collect those bits of squandered me. but then i get online and start to type. while it may not be good and by no means great, i find a small thimble sized vessel to house those dewy little globules of peculiar thought. and at least i have a door on my closet sized office and can get online and do this thing called blogging while getting paid a trifling amount to basically do not much of anything.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

hey, hey so it looks like we both decided to join the blogging world recently. It will be fun to keep up with you a little better!!
aka Jenn Hall :o)